Toonspeak places the safety of our participants and staff at the front of our decision making process. Following the most recent advice issued by the Government, we have taken the decision as from today Tuesday 17 March to cancel / postpone our workshop programme and all upcoming events.
We will this week also be closing our office base but will continue to operate remotely.
In these uncertain times, we propose to update you on a regular basis. Communication will be made via our social media channels (Facebook and Twitter) on a Friday morning and will include any pending changes for the following week.
Throughout our period of remote working we can be contacted on:
Please note that our communications may be restricted however we will endeavour to reply.
Thank you everyone for your cooperation. We are constantly reviewing the situation in order to safeguard our participants, their families, our staff, our partner venues and all who work with us.
We are looking forward to welcoming everyone back, once this is behind us all. In the meantime, stay safe.
Toonspeak Young People’s Theatre Team
17 March 2020
Current Toonspeak Programme
Regular Workshops – CANCELLED
The following classes have been cancelled with immediate effect.
- Toonheid Speaks! (Townhead Village Hall)
- Word of Mouth (BCDC)
- Monday 11+ Group (BCDC)
- Toonspeak Tuesdays (BCDC)
- Barmulloch Theatre Makers (BCDC)
- Imagineers (BCDC)
- Movin’ Makers (BCDC)
- Tuesday 13+ Group (BCDC)
- Theatre Makers North West (Maryhill Community Central Halls)
- The Phoenix Group (BCDC)
- Theatre Makers Royston (Roystonhill Community Hub
- Noize Factory (BCDC)
- Front Row Theatre Critics (BCDC)
- Friday (Slime) Club (BCDC)
- Young Company (BCDC)
Events/Programmes – CANCELLED
The following events have been cancelled with no plans to reschedule:
- Tuesday 24 March 2020 – Theatre Makers Barmulloch Sharing (BCDC)
- Wednesday 25 March 2020 – Theatre Makers North West Sharing (Maryhill Community
- Central Halls)
- Thursday 26 March 2020 – Theatre Makers Royston Sharing (Roystonhill Community Hub)
- Tuesday 31 March 2020 – Combined Theatre Makers Evaluation (Platform)
- Thursday 9 April 2020 – Trip to the Tron Theatre
- Easter Intensive was scheduled for 6-10 April – Cancelled
- Holiday Club was scheduled for 13-17 April – Cancelled
Events – POSTPONED
The following event is postponed indefinitely but will potentially be rescheduled at a later date, circumstances pending.
- Monday 30 March 2020 – Word of Mouth performance at Many Studios
Events – TO BE CONFIRMED
- Weekly Workshop programme from April – June is on hold.
- Our Summer programme of activities is on hold.
Until further information is released we cannot issue any statement on these activities.