Marketing Officer Internship
Location: Toonspeak Office
Part-time, 20 hours p/wk for 12 weeks
Closing date: 6 October 2016, noon
Working as part of a small team the Marketing Officer will be responsible for reviewing and developing the charity’s practices for marketing and promotion of our services to participants, partners and supporters. The main focus of the role will be developing ways to reach and attract more young people to get involved with Toonspeak’s creative projects.
As a successful applicant, your main tasks will include:
• Becoming familiar with Toonspeak’s programme of young person centred and young person led projects
• Acting as an ambassador for Toonspeak, expanding our networks, and ensuring that other organisations and potential partners are aware of our work and opportunities to refer young people
• Developing content for Toonspeak’s website and social media platforms
• Working with the Programme Producer, Artistic Director and General Manager to embed a sustainable and effective approach to marketing into our strategic plan, and providing training to team members so that this strategy can be deployed throughout the year
• Creating templates for offline mediums such as posters and flyers
• Maximising the potential for Toonspeak to benefit from use of Google Adwords (we have a free allocation of advertising)
• Developing a social media policy for the organisation
• Establishing links with local businesses in order to increase awareness of Toonspeak’s work, to build the foundations of potential support
• A strong social conscience
• An interest in the arts and a belief in the transformative potential arts have on the lives of young people.
• Experience or and / or interest in developing a career in the charitable sector
• Graphic Design skills
• Experience of using Google Adwords
• Experience of using Social Media as a promotional tool
• Video Editing skills
Closing date for applications is 6 October 2016, noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on their website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. Adopt an Intern do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.
Join Our Board of Directors
Toonspeak Young People’s Theatre is currently recruiting new board members to join our wonderful team.
Here at Toonspeak we work with professional artists who challenge and inspire young people to create their own performances and manage their own projects.
We aim to expand young people’s imaginations to help them reach their full potential and to inspire positive change within communities of disadvantage across the city. We ensure that anyone, regardless of experience, ability or personal circumstances can take part.
Take a look at some of the work we do here…
What would be expected of you if you joined our Board?
Board members may be asked to support specific aspects of Toonspeak’s work in areas relevant to their expertise, so we are especially interested in the support of those with a background in:
– Organisational leadership and change
– Community engagement
– Charity income diversification
– Marketing and communications
Board meetings are currently held quarterly in the Toonspeak Studio, Royston on Wednesday evenings from 5.30pm.
[Please be aware that these roles are voluntary and non-remunerated]
If you would like to inquire about joining you can email email@example.com OR pick up the phone (0141) 552 0234